Reading of the month:
"Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert
"In her early thirties,
Elizabeth Gilbert had everything a modern American woman was supposed to
want--husband, country home, successful career-but instead of feeling
happy and fulfilled, she felt consumed by panic and confusion. This wise
and rapturous book is the story of how she left behind all these
outward marks of success, and of what she found in their place.
Following a divorce and a crushing depression, Gilbert set out to
examine three different aspects of her nature, set against the backdrop
of three different cultures: pleasure in Italy, devotion in India, and
on the Indonesian island of Bali, a balance between worldly enjoyment & divine transcendence."
I longed to read this book for ages and finally managed to read it this month. I'm in my two-thirds of the book and so far I love it. I loved the chapters where she lived and enjoyed her time in Rome, while now, she's in India, shortly before leaving for Indonesia.
Reading of her adventures let me wish for adventures myself, to start travelling right now, discovering places I've never been before. The way Liz Gilbert writes takes you along on her journey and let you feel like her (silent) travel-companion. You laugh, worry and enjoy all the things she does. So this book is absolutely worth reading!
Happy Reading!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.

