2013 reading challenge: july.

Reading of the month:   "Ink Heart" by Cornelia Funke

“Books loved anyone who opened them, they gave you security and friendship and didn't ask for anything in return; they never went away, never, not even when you treated them badly. ” 

"Twelve-year-old Meggie learns that her father, who repairs and binds books for a living, can "read" fictional characters to life when one of those characters abducts them and tries to force him into service. Characters from books literally leap off the page in this engrossing fantasy. Meggie has had her father to herself since her mother went away when she was young. Mo taught her to read when she was five, and the two share a mutual love of books. He can "read" characters out of books. When she was three, he read aloud from a book called Inkheart and released characters into the real world. At the same time, Meggie's mother disappeared into the story."


Ah, finally I can read this book. I've got this book and its sequals from my sister for my birthday. Cornelia Funke is a german writer and usually, I read the books in the language of their authors (means: German or English). But somehow, I wanted to own the trilogy in English but I didn't like the covers of the English version. So I researched for other editions on goodreads and found this one: it was part of a gift edition. My sister, who's a trained bookseller, tracked down this edition on amazon for me, actually to pay them myself but she decided to give them to me as a present. Do I not have a wonderful sister? I am so excited because so far, I only know the movie and what I can say so far, you can't compare movie and book - they are so different.




Happy Reading!

 _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
 The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.