A few couple of months ago, I read an article in one of my favourite magazines, which impressed and fascinated me so much that I decided to give it a try: 'How to live minimalism lifestyle'.
According to this and the fact that I get new furniture, I started to tidy out my room. My loves, you have no idea how shocked I was when I realized how much (useless) stuff I own. It's incredible! I found things, I totally forgot and, to be honest, never missed.
I used to keep things because I think I could need them one day. But once they are gone, you won't remember, which things you used to own. Let me tell you that I am far off being done but it so fantastic to put things into the bin and I feel relieved afterwards (sometimes I don't even look at them, cause would I, I would start thinking again, if I should keep them). It's my kind of challenge and I truly love it!
I guess, I will need some more days to get rid of the mess but I am oh so very excited for my new room - to feel refreshed! 'Less is more'

3 Kommentare:
oh yes, i am one of those who keeps things just because they might be useful "someday"! perhaps i'll use going back to school as the motivation for clearing out some things i really don't need.
Living more minimally is something I've definitely being trying to do, but it's so hard when there's just so much STUFF EVERYWHERE. I have so many useless things that I never ever use, and I would love to just get rid of it all... it definitely would just feel so refreshing. That's one thing I'm excited about in going to college -- I can finally leave all of my old junk behind, and only take the stuff I actually need!
You both are so right. I have to be careful with buying new stuff just because I have more space now. All these seductions...and Natalie: Don't forget, one day you'll return home and all your (old)stuff will still be there ;)
Kommentar veröffentlichen