2012 reading challenge: april.

 Reading of the month:
"Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession 
of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."

The opening of Jane Austen's ever popular novel sets the tone of her sprakling comedy of manners and morals.

"There are five daughters in the Bennet family and marriage is the only career open to them. There is naturally much excitement when two young men of good fortune move into the district. But before there can be a happy ending, the hero must conquer his overwhelming pride and Elizabeth, the spirited heroine, her prejudices against him. Only by taking the route to self-knowledge can they reach a mature understanding of each other and find  lasting contentment."

This book is one of my favourites. When I first read it, it was out of curiousity but with each chapter my love for Lizzy and especially for Mr. Darcy grew more and more. Oh, how much I love Mr. Darcy. This couple is the most romantic in literature, I find. And at the moment, I need a love story like that. So this book is perfect for my reading challenge in April.

Footnote: Some friends and I plan to make a Jane Austen night, with watching all the movies and getting dressed like the heoines in her novels. But the latter is not for sure yet!

Happy reading ♥
 _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
 The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.