2013 reading challenge: may.

Reading of the month:
"Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Brontë

 "I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; 
I am a free human being with an independent will."
  
"Orphaned into the household of her Aunt Reed at Gateshead, subject to the cruel regime at Lowood charity school, Jane Eyre nonetheless emerges unbroken in spirit and integrity.

She takes up the post of governess at Thornfield, falls in love with Mr. Rochester, and discovers the impediment to their lawful marriage in a story that transcends melodrama to portray a woman's passionate search for a wider and richer life than Victorian society traditionally allowed.

With a heroine full of yearning, the dangerous secrets she encounters, and the choices she finally makes, Charlotte Bronte's innovative and enduring romantic novel continues
to engage and provoke readers."


This month, I had a strong desire to read a classic novel again. And Jane Eyre is one of my favourites. I like Charlotte Brontë's style of writing, the opposed characters of Jane and Rochester and yet the growing affection of the protagonists during the story.


Happy Reading!




 _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
 The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.