"A
person should go out on the water on a fine day to a small distance
from a beautiful coast, if he would see Nature really smile. Never does
she look so delightful, as when the sun is brightly reflected by the
water, while the waves are gently rippling, and the prospect receives
life and animation from the glancing transit of an occasional row-boat,
and the quieter motion of a few small vessels. But the land must be
well in sight; not only for its own sake, but because the immensity and
awfulness of a mere sea-view would ill accord with the other parts of
the glittering and joyous scene."
~Augustus William Hare and Julius
Charles Hare,
Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827
Around this time of the year, the baltic sea isn't that crowded and this makes it more enjoyable to walk along the seaside. The little village we stayed at was a bit dozy. some hotels here and there and some pensioners.
My parents and I went out mostly all day, enjoying amazing weather with sun, wind and the sound of waves and seagulls. We had lovely breakfasts and even more delicious dinners. In the evening I was so tired but happy that I fell asleep immediately knowing, the next day would be as wonderful as the day before.
By now, the routine of everyday life is back. Tomorrow, my class has its first Reading night. A sleepover in the school?! How exciting! But even if this trip has been a few weeks ago, I try to keep the spirit of the sea as long as possible. And if I need a little break, I recall this little memory, to enjoy another little get-away, even if only in mind.
Ah, I want to go back to the sea so badly!
(see part one here)


Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen