diy: candle holder - woodland animals.


hello my sweet blogging friends,

today, I'd like to share an other project I did a some days ago. When I did this activity with children at school, I had the idea to do similar ones at home.



I am a lover of woods and woodland animals. I love deers, foxes, squirrels, owles, hares and many others. I also love mushrooms, ferns and trees. While I had a long weekend, I tackled the creative challenge. Especially for this project, I bought a cutter, which will be a loyal helper for other projects (at least I hope so).





I was so excited to start and decided to create on which contains my favourite animals: deer, fox squirrel and hare. Above, you see the things you will need (I forgot to put the sandwich paper on the table, that's why it's missing, ooops).

Let's start with the description:

Step one: Choose the images you want to be on you candle holder. In my case, I choosed an hare, a fox, a deer and a squirrel (not shown on the picture). I draw the outlines on tracing paper.

Step two: Before I copied them on black paper, I measured the size of the glass and decided the width of the stripe my animals would sit on.To make it easier, you could also use stencils, like snowflakes, trees, hearts...


Step three: Now the tricky part starts: cutting out your drawings. I used my cutter for the whole process, but in the end, I realized it would have been much easier to use a scissors for the outlines and the cutter only for difficult parts, like the legs of the fox and the deer. But I felt so cool, using a cutter the entire time!

Step four: When you finished cutting out you silouette, it's time to rip the sandwhich paper in pieces (medium sized). When you have enough it's time to cover your jar with glue and paper. Start with spreading some glue over the glass, adding paper and cover it again with glue until the whole jar is covered. Before the glue dries, add the silouettes of the animals and stick them on the glass. Cover it again with glue.

This is the first candle holder of this kind, I made so far. With some practice I might become better. I already have another one in mind. I hope I could give you some inspiration.

Stay creative, everyone!

1 Kommentar:

Eskimo hat gesagt…

I love your creative posts and would love to see more!