2014 reading challenge: february.

Reading of the month:
"Bookends" by Liz Curtis Higgs


"Emilie Getz and Jonas Fielding are as different as two people—of the same age, with the same faith, living in the same charming Pennsylvania town—could be.

She loves history; he loves new ideas. She sticks to the rules; he likes to break them. She’s into saving relics; he’s into saving souls. The one trait they share is a penchant for controlling every aspect of their lives, including their stubborn hearts.

When Emilie’s search for an archaeological treasure leads her to the one piece of land she can’t have (thanks to Jonas), they choose opposing sides in an engaging battle of wits. Emilie, a no-nonsense sort of woman, is determined to have her way. But Jonas is on a mission as well: He wants to hear Emilie laugh. Often."




I went through my To-Read-Shelf at goodreads. Thereby I discovered this book again. It is totally unknown to me but when I read the short description on the back of the book, I knew I have to read it. And I am really excited. When I ordered the book, I had to wait two long weeks until I could call it my own. Let's see how the story of Emilie and Jonas will end....

Update: I finished this book in no time and what shall I say? This book has blown me away. I didn't know what to expect when I bought this book. But to find myself indulged in one of the most romantic and natural story I read so far, was the most delightful surprise! It felt like I would know Emelie and Jonas. It feeled so real...This book is for everyone who longs for sweet little surprises. Perfect little read for february.


Happy Reading!


 

 _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
 The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.