Sofi: I can’t.
Liz: What do you mean you can’t? This is Pizza Margherita in Napoli, it is imperative to eat and enjoy that pizza.
Sofi: I want to, but I’ve gained like ten pounds. I mean, I’ve got this. . .right here in my tummy, you know this. . .what’s it called? What’s the word for it?
Liz: A muffin top. I have one too.
Sofi: I unbuttoned my jeans like five minutes ago just looking at this.
Liz: Let me ask you a question, in all the years you’ve ever undressed for a gentleman–
Sofi: –it hasn’t been that many.
Liz: Alright. Has he ever asked you to leave? Has he ever walked out, left?
Sofi: No.
Liz: Because he doesn’t care. He’s in a room with a naked girl. He’s won the lottery. I’m so tired of saying no and waking up in the morning and recalling every single thing I ate the day before. Counting every calorie I consumed so I know exactly how much self-loathing to take into the shower. I’m going for it. I have no interest in being obese; I’m just through with the guilt. So this is what I’m going to do, I’m going to finish this pizza and then we’re going to go watch the soccer game and tomorrow we’re going to go on a little date and buy ourselves some bigger jeans."
*****
This is one of favourite quotes of one of my favourite movies, "Eat, Pray, Love". It is so true and sums it all up so well. How many of us, me included, do feel uncomfortable in their bodies. We are dragged to watch pretty and slim girls every day, no matter where we're going; may it in commercials, TV or magazines. From a young age, we're told that we are only beautiful, when we have a perfect outer appearence with a 90-60-90 body, wavy long hair and a perfect skin. We start to doubt about ourselves, trying to look like these girls. It is hard to avoid them, because they are everywhere. And especially, when you don't have this look, and you're far away to look like them, and you're in your adolesence. You are at odds with your body. I went through all this myself, being told of some members in my family, I eat like a savage, hearing them talking non-stop about calories when we eat. This can have a really bad influance for a sixteen year old, added to this, one, with a low self esteem.
Do you feel the same, or made an experience like that? Today I tell you: STOP IT. Stop listening to people who try belittle you. Your body size doesn't define your beauty . You are more than that. You are lovable just the way you are. You are funny, intelligent, and beautiful. Stop underestimating yourself. Peope see you the way you see yourself. If you walk around thinking, "I am ugly, I am not beautiful enough, Oh god, what might people think of me, especially these(beautiful and super slim) girls overthere. They're looking at me, they are laughing, about me. I pretty sure."
Trust me, you are beautiful and perfect in your own way. And, how do you know they are talking about you? You're guessing. And should they talk about you, let them. People who feel only good when they talk about others. This shows only their true character. And when they're talking about you, feel honoured. It means there is something about you, it's worth talking about :)
And always remember: Your body, your rules. Do not let society fuck you up.
The scale can only give you a numerical reflection of your relationship with gravity. That's it. It cannot measure beauty, talent, purpose, life force, possibility, strength or love. Remember that, when you feel uneasy in your skin.
I know it is easier said then done, and even for me, who always tend to belittle herself by thoughts which go the wrong way. It's difficult, to remember this, from time to time. But I hope, this post helped you a bit, to feel comfortable in your skin.
much love, Sandra.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Please remember: All this, is only my oppinion. It is reminder for myself,and, hopefully a help for those who need words of advice or encouargement. You don't have to agree with it. Feel free to leave a note, a thought about this topic below. I'd like to hear from you :)


Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen