Reading of the month:
"Howl's Moving Castle" by Diana Wynne Jones
“He picked up the skull and knocked an onion ring out of its eye socket. "I
see Sophie has been busy again. Couldn't you have restrained her, my
friend?" The skull yattered its teeth at him. Howl put it down rather
hastily.”
"Sophie has the great
misfortune of being the eldest of three daughters, destined to fail
miserably should she ever leave home to seek her fate. But when she
unwittingly attracts the ire of the Witch of the Waste, Sophie finds
herself under a horrid spell that transforms her into an old lady. Her
only chance at breaking it lies in the ever-moving castle in the hills:
the Wizard Howl's castle. To untangle the enchantment, Sophie must
handle the heartless Howl, strike a bargain with a fire demon, and meet
the Witch of the Waste head-on. Along the way, she discovers that
there's far more to Howl—and herself—than first meets the eye."
I can't remember when I discovered this book. I think, I saw the author's name combined with another book. I didn't even know that there is a real book behind the movie of Studi Ghibli. But the more I am delighted to read the story, to compare the book with the movie.I loved the movie, so I am pretty sure, I I will enjoy this book as well. I Can't wait to join Sophie's adventures!
Happy reading
________________________________________________________________________________________
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.


1 Kommentar:
Hi Tom,
yes, I would say that Studio Ghibli is quite known in Germany. You can buy a lot of movies and sometimes they show a couple of them on TV.
Thank you for the link, Until now I haven't heard of this movie.
Kommentar veröffentlichen