Hello beautiful souls,
we have already september! For me, September is the month, when autumn officially starts. I am longing for colder days and can't wait to wear cozy jumpers and to walk through crunchy leaves.
At the moment, we enjoy a beautiful late summer, with sunshine and last warm days. School has started two weeks ago and these two weeks have been quite busy. Introducing the new first graders to the school and the after school care, going through classes, asking what kind of afternoon activities they would like to attend, parent evenings and giving advice and support to two new placement students are just some of the things I had to do these days. But I like this kind of business. But I also appreciate my weekends, too, to rest and to do things I like.
***
But enough of it. Today I'd like to share with you pictures of my little adventure, back in July, when the days were hot and the nights long. I decided to visit one of Potsdam's tourist attractions. I've actually never been there (I only passed it serveral times) so it was about time.
Alexandrowka is the Russian Colony in
the north of Potsdam (Federal
State Brandenburg, Germany), my hometown. It consists of
thirteen wooden houses in Russian style, which were built between 1826
and 1827 on special wish of the former Prussian king, Friedrich Wilhelm
III. Originally the colony was the home of the Russian singers of the
First Prussian Regiment of the Guards. The blockhouses are surrounded by
generous gardens. In the north of the
colony the Kapellenberg borders, a hill on which the
Alexander-Newski-Church was especially constructed for the Russian
colonists.
Once the colony has been built according to the village Glosovo near St. Petersburg in Russia. In 1999 the UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) has declared the Russian colony Alexandrowka as part of the cultural heritage of the world.
***
I always loved folklore inspired things: art, clothes houses and many more things. And I am totally in love with these Russian houses. Look at the woodwork, isn't it amazing? It must be wonderful to live in such a house, with even more lovelier gardens.
If the houses look so pretty in summer, how pretty they must be in winter, with snow and light that shines through the windows....sounds like perfection for me!
Well then, I hope you enjoyed this little trip. In my next "out and about"-post, I'll show you more of my days in Dresden.






1 Kommentar:
Hello!
This is the first time to see Alexandrowka for me.
I think those Russian style houses are very beautiful.
The decoration of wall gave me a great impression.
I would like to see this place in winter too.
Thank you!
Tom
Japan
Kommentar veröffentlichen