Hello December!

Welcome December! The last month of the year started - where did this past year go? December is always a busy month: christmas shopping, christmas parties, christmas preparations christmas crafts.... only two weeks left, and I thought  I share two or three things to do or to make, to get ready for christmas. Today, I show you: 

1. Christmas Cards


For work, I had to make thirty christmas cards. I really love card making and I demand always high standards to myself and the result. I just don't want to do something of poor quality, so I give my best for everything I do. For the cards I worked until late at night, with far too less sleep, I got up early to finish the last few cards. I think, they turned out quite well.

What you will need:
  • plain cards in different colours
  • stamps
  • ink pads
  • masking tape
  • templates of trees and baubles
  • patterned paper
  • white gel pen 
  • everything else you think you might need

I choosed a floral stamp and ice blue ink. On a white/ silvery card, it looks like leaves, covered with frost. A stamp with "Merry Christmas" gives the final touch to this simple but very classy christmas card.
I drew a bauble on blue paper, I added masking tape to decorate it. With a white gel pen, I added some nice accents. The lettering was done with tiny stamps, every letter seperately.
I used three different kind of masking tape, green paper for the trees and yellow paper for the stars. I also use the "Merry Christmas" stamp again.
I first drew pictures of foxes and robins on white paper, which I cut out as circles. I coloured my drawings with watercolours and affixed them on a patterned paper, which I also cut out as circles. The letters are written with tiny stamps - every letter seperately. Two stripes of red masking tape give this card a christmasy look. These cards are also my favourites. So natural, so simple.
Well, black cards aren't very easy to decorate. You must be very careful, it easily looks like a sympathy card. I thought very long what to do with the black cards. In the end, I used two different masking tapes, whitestamping ink and my "Merry Christmas" stamp (which already is one of my favourites). Two christmas trees, made of patterned paper and golden star stickers, complete this card.
 For this card, I also thought about a very long time. I used my floral stamp again, this time with olive green stamp ink, my "Merry Christmas" stamp and two stripes of red masking tape.


I wished I could keep them and hope, the people who will get them will keep them and cherish my work. After making these, I decided to make the cards for family and friends myself. I am just in the right mood. I hope you enjoyed this post and feel inspired to make your own christmas cards - it is real fun!

Wishing you all a relaxed weekend and a happy 2nd Advent.

(19 days until christmas!)

Keine Kommentare: