Reading of the month:
"Persuasion" by Jane Austen
“You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope...I have loved none but you.”
"Anne Elliot, at
the age of nineteen, falls in love with Frederick Wentworth, a young man
with no connections and only himself to recommend him. Persuaded by her
great friend Lady Russell to break off their engagement Anne has ample
opportunity to regret her decision. Some years later, her
father Sir Walter Elliot finds himself financially embarrassed and is
forced to let the family home, Kellynch-hall. The new tenants prove to
be Admiral and Mrs Croft, brother-in-law and sister to Wentworth, who
has prospered and is now a captain. Although he and Anne are thrown into
each other's company he still feels bitterness at her rejection. He
becomes entangled with Louisa Musgrove while Anne receives the
attentions of William Elliot, her cousin. Once again it seems as though
happiness is about to elude them..."
I bought this book during my work placement in England four years ago and as a lover of classic novels, I had to buy it no matter what. This book contains six classic novels and one of them is Persuasion. It's the first time I read this novel and I am excited to come along with Anne Elliots' story. I love the 2007 screen adaption, it has given me a clear idea how the protagonists have to look like.
Happy Reading!
________________________________________________________________________________________
Every
month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on
my literary journey through the year and discover new books.The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.


Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen