word of 2015. a word to guide me through the year.

Hi dear ones,

the HAPPIEST NEW YEAR to you! I hope you had an amazing new years eve. Did you embrace this, yet still young, year that lies ahead of us? I can't wait to see it unfold before me. What it keeps ready for me. This leads me to the tradition to choose a word for the year. Here is my word for 2015:

Fearless.

1. adjective.
without fear, brave.
oblivious of dangers or perils or calmly resolute in facing them.  (via)

2. "Fearless is not the absence of fear. It’s not being completely unafraid. Fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them."  (via) 

3. Fearless is having fears, but not being afraid to face them. The voice in your heart over powers what you want to think. A wall builds up behind you to keep you from going back even if you wanted to.  (via)



Fearless. The perfect word for me in 2015. I am still too young to stay at home all day, to miss all the beautiful happenings of the world. I feel the need of living again, to open up for the unkown that awaits me outside my comfort zone. The past year, I got too comfortable in my comfort zone. I hid from most new experiences. Whenever I had to  face something new and unknown, I felt overwhelmed by the fear of it. I rather avoid situations instead of risking and trying out new things. I feel like a coward, never afraid of finding excuses for not attending events or nights out with friends and strangers. And honestly, to act like that doesn't make me happy.

And right now, as I am writing this, fear is growing in me for the meaning of the word and if it isn't a too radical shake-up. I am an introvert, that's for sure.  But fearless doesn't mean to have no fears.It's okay to have fears, they are part of our human being.  Fearless means more to be able to face them. Do overcome them. They help us grow.

The more I get used to my word of the year, the more I love it. "Everything you ever wanted is on the other side of fear", this quote popped up in my life, like a sign of the universe, who wants to tell me that everything is going to be alright. That I will become as active as I once have been, looking for new experiences. When I'm thinking of my time abroad, I was fearless, enjoying new things and activities. This kind of person I want to be again. You can link the word fearless with active and adventurous. That's how I want my life to be.

I hope this word will guide me positively and bravely through the year. I hope I will be able to face everything that awaits me in 2015 without fear, with a sense of trust, faith and hope. Whenever I have doubts and worries, I will remember, that new and unknown things will help me to leave my comfort zone. How shall I ever find my happiness when I don't go out and find it? I allow myself to conquer my fears of the unknown and to be totally myself.

It won't be easy, but I am ready to risk more, to follow new paths, to face the unknown and all the obstacles that will pass my way.  As the clock stroke midnight on New year's eve, I stood outside by the fire, looking to the stars and I promised myself, that 2015 will be my year! 

Have you chosen a word of the year?


Keine Kommentare: