2015 reading challenge: february.

Reading of the month:
"Stardust" by Neil Gaiman

 
“He wondered how it could have taken him so long to realize he cared for her, and he told her so, and she called him an idiot, and he declared that it was the finest thing that ever a man had been called.”


"In the sleepy English countryside of decades past, there is a town that has stood on a jut of granite for six hundred years. And immediately to the east stands a high stone wall, for which the village is named. Here in the town of Wall, Tristran Thorn has lost his heart to the hauntingly beautiful Victoria Forester. One crisp October night, as they watch, a star falls from the sky, and Victoria promises to marry Tristran if he'll retrieve that star and bring it back for her. It is this promise that sends Tristran through the only gap in the wall, across the meadow, and into the most unforgettable adventure of his life."


 
This year, I made list of books I want to read. For February I chose "Stardust". Knowing only the Movie, I am happy to read the book now. I am a lover of fairytales, and this book shall be "an utterly charming fairy tale". I can't wait to indulge myself further into this book.


Happy Reading!



________________________________________________________________________________________
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
 The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.

3 Kommentare:

miss jess hat gesagt…

Oh! I didn't know it was written by Neil Gaiman. I love that movie! Please let me know what you think of it when you are finished reading it, especially compared to the movie.

Romantic Heroine hat gesagt…

Hi dear! I just finished it last night and I really liked it. Though I wouldn't recommend it for children - it's more a fairytale for adults, since the words used in this book aren't meant for children to read. Compared to the movie: the movie kept very close to the book, but of course things were added or were left out. I found a website where you can find a whole bunch of camparisons (containes spoilers!):

http://www.thatwasnotinthebook.com/diff/stardust

miss jess hat gesagt…

Oh cool, thank you :) I will make a note to find and read the book sometime ^_^