“February is the shortest month of the year,
so if you are having a miserable month, try to schedule it for February.”
so if you are having a miserable month, try to schedule it for February.”
-Lemony Snicket
Hello gorgeous,
February was a tough month for me, with unhappy moments, which made me think, once again, about my future and health. I reached a point, where I never ever want to be again. My body gave me a signal, which I shouldn't ignore. That's why I want to take more time for myself. This little “me time” is just what I need to unwind when I'm
feeling overwhelmed and stressed. Two years ago, I read "The happines project" by Gretchen Rubin. She says: "When we feel happy ourselves, we
have the emotional wherewithal to turn outwards. Taking the time to
boost your spirits and your energy will help you contribute to the
happiness of others".
Yes, yes, yes.
We all need time for ourselves,and during this time we should treat ourselves like our best friend. because we ARE our best friend and we should take care for us.
Yes, yes, yes.
We all need time for ourselves,and during this time we should treat ourselves like our best friend. because we ARE our best friend and we should take care for us.
- Prepare your meals with love: As much as you should prepare you breakfast and dinner with love, don't forget to pepare your lunch box with love, too. It provides you with all the energy you need during the day. Be in a peaceful place while you’re eating each meal; physically
and mentally. You should make an effort for this every day. Every night, after work, I cook me a warm meal. I love to be in the kitchen to cut all the ingridiants, to see them turning into a delicious meal. As mch as this became a routine to me, to prepare my lunch box with love is a bit more difficult, especially when you're in hurry. But I try. And a lunch box filled with nice things let me look forward to my break at work.
- take a hot bath when you need it.
Use everything! Aromatherapy, bath bubbles, bath salts, and candles. (If using candles, make sure they're non toxic. Look for ingredients like soy wax, beeswax, and vegetable wax, which won't fill your lungs with toxins.) I love to take hot baths, the longer the better. - treat yourself with something nice: From time to time it is okay,
to buy something for yourself without questioning yourself, if you need
it or think, I don't deserve it. You do deserve it! Of course it is
okay to save money, but you shouldn't forget to live and spending the
money you earn.
- Meet friends. Friends cand help you to find solutions for things that bother you. They have words of encouragement and hugs for you. Never underestimate the healing effect of time spent with friends. I myself were blessed enough to have such moments, and to have such good friends and colleagues. They are precious.
- Take a time out. As great as it is to meet with friends, it is also
acceptable, to say no and to take time out. you for yourself know best
what's good for you. Feeling tired and you know that a be-together with
your friends last till late at night? Tell you friends, you need an
evening for yourself. They will understand. And it doesn't mean, you're a
bad friend.
- Make yourself comfortable: put on comfy clothes, make yourself a hot cup of tea, lit a candle and read (or watch a movie). Forget the busy world outside and loose yourself for sometime in your favourite book or movie.
- Be creative: For me, being creative helps me to slow down and to connect
with my inner artist. To create something with my hands makes me happy.
And thing that make you happy are never wrong! Make a vision board! Use magazines or the internet to make a collage of
images that remind you of your most important goals and dreams. Look at
this board every day. Visualize these goals happening. This is proven to
be very powerful.
- Dance: Turn on the music and dance on! There is nothing better than singing along your favourite songs at the top of your voice! Soak up the rhythym of the music and dance! It helps to release stress, it is a physical activity and it makes happy. I am currently listening to this song. It's so strong and full of power and energy. It's in my personal playlist "Power through". Such a good addition!
- Bake and cook: I love to bake and to cook.Try making a new, healthy recipe you’ve been wanting to try. Baking and cooking has such a calming effect. After a stressful day, nothing helps more than baking some delicious cookies. And to share them with friends and family gives an extra boost of happiness!
- Buy yourself flowers. To have fresh flowers at home is definately one of the best things. They bring happiness to you. When you buy yourself flowers you do yourself something good. Money spent for flowers isn't wasted.
- Take a nap: If you feel tired during the day, and you have the chance to rest for some time, do it. Your body knows what's good for him. When I had some days off, my body needed to re-charge his energy, so I slept after lunch, and again, when it was time for bed - without any trouble to fall asleep. So, listen to your body, take a nap if you need to and don't feel guilty about it.
So, if you feel like the world is too overwhelming, pause for moment. Breathe. Everything is going to be fine. Take your "Me-Time", whenever you need it. I will now listen to the the soundtrack of "Into The Woods". I watched it last night and I liked it very much!
Take care loves!


Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen