“Each day had a tranquility a timelessness about it so that you wished
it would never end. But then the dark skin of the night would peel off
and there would be a fresh day waiting for us glossy and colorful as a
child's transfer and with the same tinge of unreality.”
"My Family and Other Animals is the bewitching account of a rare and
magical childhood on the island of Corfu by treasured British
conservationist Gerald Durrell. 'What we all need,' said Larry, 'is
sunshine...a country where we can grow.''Yes, dear, that would be nice,'
agreed Mother, not really listening. 'I had a letter from George this
morning - he says Corfu's wonderful. Why don't we pack up and go to
Greece?''Very well, dear, if you like,' said Mother unguardedly.
Escaping the ills of the British climate, the Durrell family -
acne-ridden Margo, gun-toting Leslie, bookworm Lawrence and budding
naturalist Gerry, along with their long-suffering mother and Roger the
dog - take off for the island of Corfu. But the Durrells find that,
reluctantly, they must share their various villas with a menagerie of
local fauna - among them scorpions, geckos, toads, bats and butterflies.
Recounted with immense humour
and charm My Family and Other Animals is a wonderful account of a rare,
magical childhood."
Oh, how excited I am to read this book. I remember the time when I watched the movie, during my summer holidays, some years ago. How much I loved and envied little Gerry, who spend his childhood in nature, doing whatever he wanted to do, growing up freely among all the animals. And his sense of humor was so brilliant. Now, a few years later, I remembered the movie and I longed to read the book, now that summer hopefully will stay and my 2.5 weeks off from work - the perfect read for my holiday!!!
and charm My Family and Other Animals is a wonderful account of a rare,
magical childhood."
Oh, how excited I am to read this book. I remember the time when I watched the movie, during my summer holidays, some years ago. How much I loved and envied little Gerry, who spend his childhood in nature, doing whatever he wanted to do, growing up freely among all the animals. And his sense of humor was so brilliant. Now, a few years later, I remembered the movie and I longed to read the book, now that summer hopefully will stay and my 2.5 weeks off from work - the perfect read for my holiday!!!
Happy Reading!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Every
month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on
my literary journey through the year and discover new books.The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.


Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen