presents to give yourself.


 
Hi loves,
don't you agree when I say, sometimes we have to spoil ourselves? Simply because we deserve it  ~ we simply forget to do so. Life has been like a rollercoaster lately. I am too often too exhausted to do things, I feel too demotivated and anger seems to be my constant companion.

I definately ready for some days off and luckily, in less then two weeks I can say "goodbye, stressful times! I won't miss you at all!" And to top all this,the weather heated up the last two weeks, with temperatures near 40°C! As much as I enjoy summer, I'm simply not made for such hot temperatures. But I don't want to complain, who knows how long summer will stay, she too, had a bit of a rollercoaster lately.

Anyway, to spoil myself, I went to my favourite swedish furniture shop, and bought some really pretty things for my bedroom. And I didn't even care for the total amount - I needed the things, so it is okay. At some times, I feel guilty when I buy things for myself, and I think I don't deserve it, even if I need it. What nonsense! I go to work, I earn my own money, and can decide for what I spend it. To quote Mr Allen from "Northanger Abbey": "Shops must be visited! Money must be spent!"


In hard times, we also forget to take a step back and to treat ourselves with lovely things.  It doesn't have to be a visit in a furniture shop, sometimes, the simpliest things bring some happiness. Things like:

A chocolate bar. or a piece of cake or cookies or...
From time to time long for piece of chocolate. And at work, everyone keeps a bit chocolate in their lockers, when times are hard or we simply starve for something sweet. But also baking your favourite cookies or cake can bring so much happiness - and it's relaxing. Bonus: You have something delicous to eat later!

visit a bookstore and buy  a book you wanted to read for a very long time.
I haven't been in a bookstore for a very long time. Most of my books I buy online because it's easier to order the books I want. But oh, the atmosphere in a bookstore is always wonderful. to wander around the shelves, discovering new books, to feel and smell them. And sometimes you'll find a little treasure. So off we go - to the next bookstore!

get creative:
I am a crafty person. I love to doodle or to colour in colouring pages. It's a perfect activity for the evening, when you had a stressful day. Turn on some music you like, enjoy a cup of tea and doodle on. nothing is more relaxing than letting your creativity unfold herself ~ those doodles are usually the best.

go for a walk:
When was the last time you you took a walk? A walk you were aware of, not one when you had to rush between two appointments. When there was a strike going on in my city and it wasn't known when the strike would end, it was an amazing feeling to start walking without knowing when you arrive where you have planned to go. Just walking, without much thinking, letting your feet lead the way.  For some weekends now, some colleagues and I meet for a walk through the nearby park ~ we simply follow the paths, excitied where it will lead us. This kind of excercise is superb!

sing:
Last friday when I got home I started to clean up (which was absolutely necessary), while listening to my favourite songs, singing along at the top of my voice. Not only that time passed  much quicker, I also felt so very good afterwards ~ happy and content. A little dance in between included. That night I slept very well :) Singing is so relieving. And a good way to let go of all the frustration you feel...

not being available:
Turn off you computer and mobile phone. Not being available is something we unlearned. Facebook, twitter, instagram. we are always connected with others, but we forgot how it feels to be not available.... some even feel lost. But you body and soul will appreciate this little time out. And it's not the end of the world, if you miss something. You always can catch up later :)

And should you look for new music, here's an album I discovered a few days ago. I listen to the songs almost all day :)

Keine Kommentare: