Reading of the month:
"I capture the castle" by Dodie Smith
"I capture the castle" by Dodie Smith
“When I read a book, I put in all the imagination I can, so that
it is almost like writing the book as well as reading it - or rather, it
is like living it. It makes reading so much more exciting, but I don't
suppose many people try to do it.”
"This is the diary of
Cassandra Mortmain, which tells of her extraordinary family and their
crumbling castle home. Cassandra's father was once a famous writer, but
now he mainly reads detective novels while his family slide into genteel
poverty. Her sister Rose is bored and beautiful, and desperate to marry
riches. Their step-mother Topaz has habit of striding through the
countryside wearing only her wellington boots. But all their lives will
be soon be transformed by the arrival of new neighbours from America,
and Cassandra finds herself falling in love..."
I really liked the idea of this book: story, cover and title. I imagine the family to live in a real castle where everyone has his own room, where he or she can dwell on their own favourite pastime. The story is happening in the 1930s, which makes it more exciting - for me.
Happy Reading!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.

