Reading of the month:
"Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott
"Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott
“…she was one of those happily created beings who please without effort,
make friends everywhere, and take life so gracefully and easily that
less fortunate souls are tempted to believe that such are born under a
lucky star.”
Rich or poor, we will keep together and be happy in one another.
"Christmas won't be the same this year for Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy, as their father is away fighting in the Civil War and the family has fallen on hard times. But though they may be poor, life for the four March sisters is rich with color, as they play games, put on wild theatricals, make new friends, argue, grapple with their vices, learn from their mistakes, nurse each other through sickness and disappointments, and get into all sorts of trouble."
"Christmas won't be the same this year for Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy, as their father is away fighting in the Civil War and the family has fallen on hard times. But though they may be poor, life for the four March sisters is rich with color, as they play games, put on wild theatricals, make new friends, argue, grapple with their vices, learn from their mistakes, nurse each other through sickness and disappointments, and get into all sorts of trouble."
For the last month of the year, I was looking for good read when I came across this book and its beautiful cover. I knew the story of the "march-sisters" from a tv adaption, but the more I am delighted to read the book to it. And so far it is very enjoyable! And a page turner too. I actually don't want to put it down.
And with these words my 2015 reading challenge ends (click here to see all the books I read this year).
Chances are good that I join another challenge in 2016...
Happy Reading!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.


Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen