School Life Adventures.



my bright shining souls,

I am sorry for my absence, but I moved out of my parents home, last weekend. Yes, this very moment I write to you from my own space, a room of about 40 square meters. It still feels weird but I get used to it with each day that passes by. More about it in one of the next posts...

A lot of other things happened lately:

I am the Co-Pedagogue of a first grade. In the school I work, each class has another colour. There's the "red class", the "green class", the "violet class"... and so on... The class I am in is called "ivory class". Isn't it a pretty name?! It sounds so wonderful! altogether, there are twenty-five children in class (for comparison only: in the other first grade (the "sienna class") are only fourteen children). At the moment it's still a challenge because the "ivory class" is the 'english class' - which means the class teacher is one who's native language is English. Mine is a wonderful person. She comes from Ireland and has the most amazing accent I've ever heard. The challenge is, that most of the children don't understand english (yet) and that the teacher can't any german. So at the moment I act as an interpreter, even it it's not my job. But otherwise they wouldn't understand anything. So I keep going translating, but keep going to talk in English to them as well. I am pretty sure, they all will get used to the language very quickly. It's just there second week in school...

That the teacher comes from Ireland is so funny, and I think they did it on purpose because they know I've been in Ireland for a while. I am really thankful for it. I think, we are the youngest team at this school (based on the age).

School life started two weeks ago and so far, I like it a lot. The Hort moved from the ground floor to the first floor, where it has its rooms now. It happened that I am in charge of the creative room  (I think I mentioned once that I love to be creative, which is true). It's absolutely okay with me. All I have to do ist to think about a concept and many ideas and themes what I am going to do with the children. Every day more children come. They actually can't wait until I open the door.

Tonight's an "inoffical" team-meeting in one of my colleagues home, with a BBQ and a little campfire. I hope the weather stays nice and that we're having lots of fun!

Write to you soon again, my sweet little darlings. Big hugs to you!

 (photo source unknown)

1 Kommentar:

Jo hat gesagt…

Your workplace sounds like a really lovely place to be:) I hope everything stays well.