Happy St. Nicholas and other december delights.

Oh my gosh, december truly is a busy month!

The first of december started with soft snow, which covered the city. It was so magical, to see those tiny wildly dancing snowflakes. It truly was. It als was a wonderful day, this first december: 
My dad came to town and we did lots of lovely things, like visiting christmas markets or catching up with my sister. The day ended even more fantastic with a lovely dinner at our favourite Italian Restaurant - good friends of us! A perfect ending and I felt as snug as a bug in a rug!

The snow stayed and we got even more snow today! What a delight for the children at school. Lots of new snow on St. Nicholas! You could see the pure joy in their eyes when they wnet outside, running wildly around, chasing each other and the air was filled with laughter. 

But the best was yet to come. 
When we went back inside and opened the door to our class room, it went quiet and you could see the amazement in the face of every single child. St. Nicholas was here, and he left a little bag for every child, filled with a chocolate santa, nuts and a clementine. They were such in a high spirit, it was sooo nice to see. 

In Germany, and many other parts of Europe, it is a tradition to clean your boots the night before the 6th of December, and leave it outside the door. During the night, St. Nicholas goes around and leaves some little treats in the boots (only for children who were good). 

I did enjoy seeing the children smiling and waving around their little bags. It was a tough challenge to get the bags ready in time. So I sat until late at night, to finish the last few bags. 

As bags, I used simple sandwich bags, where I painted little foxes, bears, squirrels and owls. Therefor, I used images of yee von chan, a very talented artist. I love her little woodland creatures! So magical!
All the credits belong to her, I just copied it on the bags. Therefor, I used a permanent marker in black, and felt pens in grey, blue and pink.



* The quality of the pictures is not the best (again). It's grey outside, with snow which makes it difficult to take good pictures.  
 (photos taken by romantic heroine)

Just in time for Winter, lots of amazing movies will be shown in the cinemas. One of them is "Rise of the Guardians", a cartoon about Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Sandman, the four Guardians, who will be soon joined by Jack Frost. Oh, what a wonderful  movie it was. It let you believe in all your childhood heroes!  It based on the Novels of William Joyce, which I'll definately going to read! Watch the trailers here and here. It's a movie for everyone who believes in magic!

These were my december delights, so far. The month will be very busy, with meeting friends, doing christmas shopping, birthdays ect.

For now, I will enjoy the evening with a nice cup of tea, a good book and some very delicious biscuits, I got from a girl in my class. Such a sweet gesture! And tomorrow is the big day: the day of our christmas play! I am so excited!!!

Fare the well, my dears!

1 Kommentar:

Jo hat gesagt…

The little bags are so cute! I had a look at the works of yee von chan and her art is absolutly amazing.

I hope your christmas play went well :)
I already watched the trailer of "Rise of the Guardians" but I couldn't manage to watch the movies but I watched "The Hobbit" which is wonderful as well.