Reading of the month:
"Northanger Abbey" by Jane Austen
“No one who had ever seen Catherine Morland in her infancy, would have
supposed her born to be a heroine... But from fifteen to seventeen she
was in training for a heroine...”
"Catherine Morland, an
unremarkable tomboy as a child, is thrown amongst all the 'difficulties
and dangers' of Bath at the ripe age of seventeen. Armed with an
unworldly charm and a vivid imagination, she must overcome the caprices
of elegant society, encountering along the way such characters as the
vacuous Mrs Allen, coquettish Isabella and the brash bully John Thorpe.
Catherine's invitation to Northanger Abbey, in her eyes a haven of
coffins, skeletons and other Gothic devices, does lead to an adventure,
though one she didn't expect, and her misjudgement of the ambitious,
somewhat villainous General Tilney is not wholly unjustified. However,
with the aid of the 'unromantic' hero Henry Tilney, Catherine gradually
progresses towards maturity and self-knowledge."
In February, I watched the TV mini series of Jane Austen's "Northanger Abbey" on You Tube, and well what shall I say...I fell in love with this wonderful adaption! And what a lovely story! I think, Mr. Tilney is now one of my new favourite Jane Austen men, next to Mr. Darcy, of course. So it was this tv adapation which made me curious for this novel, to discover more details of the story, which weren't mentioned in the series. It is, altogether, a quick read. I'm halfway through and I can't stop reading!
Happy Reading!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.

