Reading of the month:
"The Hound of the Baskervilles"
by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
“A strong wind sang sadly as it bent the trees in front of the Hall. A
half moon shone through the dark, flying clouds on to the wild and empty
moor.”
"Holmes and Watson are
faced with their most terrifying case yet. The legend of the devil-beast
that haunts the moors around the Baskerville families home warns the
descendants of that ancient clan never to venture out in those dark
hours when the power of evil is exalted. Now, the most recent
Baskerville, Sir Charles, is dead and the footprints of a giant hound
have been found near his body. Will the new heir meet the same fate?"
Another of my favourite of Penguin Classics and perhaps one of the best summer reads. Especially for this summer: hot and cold days change every few days.The book contains wonderful describtions of the mysterious Darthmoor where a mysterious hound wanders.... In near future, I will read more of the adventures of Mister Sherlock Holmes! That's for sure.
Happy reading!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.

