Reading of the month:
"The lost world" by Arthur Conan Doyle
“Some believe what separates men from animals is our ability to reason.
Others say it’s language or romantic love, or opposable thumbs. Living
here in this lost world, I’ve come to believe it is more than our
biology. What truly makes us human is our unending search, our abiding
desire for immortality.”
Nests of pterodactyls,
hordes of iguanadons, swarms of plesiosaurs still roaming the earth in
the twentieth century? Professor Challenger says yes and to prove it he
leads an expedition into the deepest jungles of South America. Together,
the men--a young journalist, an adventurer, and an aristocrat--along
with their bearers and guides, search for the rumored country and
encounter savagery, hardship, and betrayal on the way. But things only
get worse as they get closer to the hidden world they seek. Trapped on
an isolated plateau, menaced by hungry carnosaurs, it begins to look as
though the expedition will never return from ...The Lost World.
I remember watching a TV show based on this novel, when I was child. I loved the adventures of the characters. I know the book will be not the same as the TV show, but the more I am excited to follow the "true" adventures of Prof. Challenger, Mr. Malone, Prof. Summerlee and Lord John Roxton.
I am so glad that the past had some brilliant authors, like Arthur Conan Doyle and Jule Verne who wrote such amazing novels. My adventurous little heart is full of joy!
Happy reading!
* I just discovered: you can watch the TV show on youtube
________________________________________________________________________________________
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.


1 Kommentar:
Hello!
I read this one(japanese edition) before.
I like this kind of book(adventure) too.
It reminds me to rise to the challenge.
Thank you.
Tom
Japan
Kommentar veröffentlichen