Some weekends ago, I visited a japanese bonsai garden in a little village called Ferch, near Potsdam. It is a cute little garden, with many bonsai trees in every shape and size. The oldest tree is about 125 years old.
When you enter the garden, a little passage lined by some first bonsai trees leads you to the centre of the garden with a large pond with many kois and a japanese pavilion. From there, you have a fantastic view in the garden and you feel how inner peace comes to your body. You enjoy the silence, the view and feel alive. When you pass the pavilion, the way leads you around the pond, along many other bonsai trees. They are all so pretty and I am truly in love with the smooth japanese maple. I am a tree lover and wouldn't mind to call a bonsai my own, but oh dear, when I saw the prices,I was a bit shocked. The most expensive one costs more than 1000 Euros!
When you finish your walk through the garden, you have to stop in that little tea house which is located in the garden as well. You can sit inside and outside. Should you choose the latter you have a beautiful view into a rock garden with acurate patterns. The sun reflects in the white stones, a soft breeze touches the little wind bells and soon you forget everything around you. The tea they offer is home made and served by friendly waitresses. In the tea house is also a little shop where you can buy teas, japanese teapots, windbells, postcards and other things.
My conclusion is: The garden might not be big but it is worth visiting. I'm sure, I will go back there in autumn when the chines maple will turn red; and in spring as well, when the cherry blossoms bloom.










1 Kommentar:
Hello!
You visited the japanese bonsai garden !
I am very happy you are interested in japanese culture.
The garden seems very nice place.
And I feel a silence.
Some day I would like to visit there.
Thank you!
Tom
Japan
Kommentar veröffentlichen