2014 reading challenge: october.

Reading of the month:
"At Bertram's Hotel" by Agatha Christie


“I learned (what I suppose I really knew already) 
that one can never go back, that one should not ever try to go back—that the essence of life is going forward. Life is really a One Way Street, isn’t it?”



"An old-fashioned London Hotel is not quite as reputable as it makes out! When Miss Marple comes up from the country for a holiday in London, she finds what she's looking for at Bertram's Hotel: traditional decor, impeccable service and an unmistakable atmosphere of danger behind the highly polished veneer. Yet, not even Miss Marple can foresee the violent chain of events set in motion when an eccentric guest makes his way to the airport on the wrong day!"




A classic mystery novel which is settled in an old-fashioned hotel. It sounds for me like the perfect book for october. I read some Novels of Agatha Christie before, but only in German, but I loved her stories ever since. While looking for a book for this month reading challenge, I came across "At Bertram's Hotel". I haven't heard of it before but it sounded quite interesting and oh, isn't the cover beautiful? I love books with pretty covers! This book is the 11th book of the Miss Marple series, but luckily all the novels are completed stories, so Idon't have to feel guilty that I didn't start with the first one.




Happy Reading!

________________________________________________________________________________________
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
 The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.

Keine Kommentare: