Let's be grateful (#1)

“I will walk by myself and cure myself in the sunshine and the wind.”

Hi dears,

we have so many things to be grateful for. I've got a reminder this week, when we had the first warm days, of the year, and mean really warm days when a soft wind touches your face and the sun kisses your skin. Life seems so much better with days like these.

But not only am I grateful for the warm and sunny days, no, I am grateful for the time I could spend with my dear cat, which passed away this week. I am thankful that he doesn't have to suffer any longer ~ he was sixteen years old. He didn't eat much lately, sometimes nothing for days. But I won't keep my thoughts on his last fews days. I will remember the days, when I came back home from school, and he greeted me at the gateway. I will never forget the sweetest little sounds he made, when we stroke his back or he simply enjoyed the sun. He will be missed but I know he now is at a better place.

I am grateful for my inner strength. The last few weeks, I suffered and I had to heal my broken heart (it still needs time to heal). But I'm on the right track, overcoming my sadness and with everyday that comes now, it gets better. I even can face the person again, without feeling sad and heartbroken at the end of the day. I realized I couldn't go on like this ~ it wouldn't do me any good. So I had to choose: to stay sad and to mourn after feelings or to go on, to look ahead.  I chose the latter, and I feel so relieved. I feel much happier, it is like life wants to say "There you are, I've been waiting for you!" Now I can focus on new things. My friends helped me a lot with listening to my sorrows, I  feel so blessed.


Well, I have so many things to be grateful for. And it feels amazing to write them down ~ it should become a regular habit.

Is there something you have been grateful for?

* I just noticed how well the title of my photograph suits the first part of my post. What a coincidence!

2 Kommentare:

Ingrid hat gesagt…

I'm so, so sorry about your furbaby. Though it's wonderful that he's no longer in pain, it's the hardest thing in the world to say goodbye too a dear friend. All my love.

Romantic Heroine hat gesagt…

Thank you dear. It's not the same, with him not being around, anymore. But he's safe now.