say yes to new adventures.


Woha, this month started with many wishes, dreams and new opportunities. Who had ever guessed that?

I am an explorer at heart and I always dreamed of seeing the world, being a globetrotter. The last time I went abroad, was in 2011 when I re-visited Ireland with a friend. Four years passed since then and I haven't been somewhere else, except that I travelled to Dresden twice. But my heart longs for other countries and new experiences. My dream to see the world awoke once more, when I realized where all the English speaking teachers (at work) worked before and where they come from: England, Australia, Spain, South Africa, New Zealand, Argentina....just to name a few. Some of them teached in their homeland first and than in other countries, like England and Germany, or both.  This lifestyle sounds so appealing to me and I wouldn't mind to do the same one day.

But for now, it would be enough for me, to start travelling around, to see new places. The only reason that keeps me from doing so is the fact, that I don't like to travel alone. It's quite difficult to find a travel companion, since my friends are also very busy with their work and we have differnt times when we have a few days off. But the longer I wait, the more I reconcile with the idea to travel alone. A friend of mine is doing it for some years now and she never regretted it. She once travelled alone to Moskow!

Maybe it isn't so bad to travel alone and I guess I would be so proud of myself - and it would help me to grow, to become more confident. The most important thing is just to do it. And in order to realize my dream, I have to leave my fear behind and jump right into the unknown. 

"Being brave is an awfully big adventure."

Whoever said that, was soooo right. Maybe I'll start this summer or autumn to go to the places I want to see.


And talking about opportunities: We were told that the art teacher quitted his job which means my class (and some others, too) are now without an art teacher. While our supervisor told us about it, she asked me in the same sentence if I would be interested in teaching art. Well, my first reaction was "What? Seriously?"

I feel honoured and I might like the idea to take over the art lessons, but I've never done anything like this before. I do love art. And I am in charge of the creative room in the afternoon, with changing activities every week, but teaching art is something completely different. But a chance too. For a very long time now, I'm thinking about where I see myself in a few years and where I want to professionalize myself and I always conclude, that I see myself following the creative path. Which way I exactly want to go, I don't know yet, I am interested in too many things but maybe my future lies in teaching art to children? Who knows.

I told my supervisor, that I need some time to think about it. I said, I might take over the art lessons for my class, to see how it works for me, but she started immediately to talk about taking over other classes as well. As much as I am flattered that she thought of me to take over this job, she must keep in mind I am no teacher. I didn't study anything that art teachers do. In first place I am an educator/ teaching assistant/ Co.Pedagogue. But I like the idea to get the chance to try something new. And who knows, this might be the start to my new future?

I am so excited!


  

*gif via giphy.com

Keine Kommentare: