Reading of the month:
"The Invisible Library" by Genevieve Cogman
“How?' Irene enquired. She'd decided a while back that Socratic
reasoning was a good idea, because (a) it got students thinking for them
selves, (b) sometimes they came up with ideas she hadn't thought of,
and (c) it gave her more time to think while they were trying to find
answers.”
"Irene is a professional
spy for the mysterious Library, which harvests fiction from different
realities. And along with her enigmatic assistant Kai, she's posted to
an alternative London. Their mission - to retrieve a dangerous book. But
when they arrive, it's already been stolen. London's underground
factions seem prepared to fight to the very death to find her book. Adding
to the jeopardy, this world is chaos-infested - the laws of nature bent
to allow supernatural creatures and unpredictable magic. Irene's new
assistant is also hiding secrets of his own. Soon, she's up to
her eyebrows in a heady mix of danger, clues and secret societies. Yet
failure is not an option - the nature of reality itself is at stake."
It's September already which means this is already my 9th book this year. While browsing through books at goodreads, I came across this book and it sounded so fantastic that I had to buy it. And I think a book about an invisble library and a book thief is just perfect for september, when summer slowly ends, and autumn comes closer every day...
Happy Reading!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Every
month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on
my literary journey through the year and discover new books.The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.


Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen