art project with children (1)

Hello everyone,

todays post is all about the art project I am currently doing with children at work:

We are creating our own mythical creature, inspired by Eric Carle's book "Dragons, Dragons".


I've seen this book when I was attending an advanced training, back in june. I'd like it so much that I ordered it for myself, and one evening, when I visited my parents, I had the idea for this project. I was so inspired that I stayed up late, writing down the whole project , from the beginning to the end. It was past midnight when I was finished.



It's mainly about creating a mythical creature, using Eric Carle's  collage technique which he uses in his books, and what makes his art work so recognizable. For this technique, he uses painted paper, cut out and layered in bright and colourful images. The first session of our project was all about to draw a sketch of the creature the children have in mind. We had a closer look at the ones we have seen in the book. And boy, children really have so many brilliant ideas!
 



The children were so focused that they all finished their sketches. Some of them already started to paint papers in bold and vibrant colours:




I can't wait for next week, when all start painting and begin to create their creatures....

Keine Kommentare: