I am still alive even if I haven't been posting much lately. Days and weeks pass by so quickly, I sometimes don't know what day we have...and at the end of a day, I am usually too tired to spend time in the internet. The more I am thankful for weekends. I always try to use these two days to catch up on sleep, and to do things I enjoy. This past weekend, for example, I tried a recipe I wanted to do for a very long time:
Ingredients:
* 135g butter | * 250g flour | * 1 tsp baking powder
* salt | * 1 onion | * 250g bacon | * pepper | * 4 eggs
* 200g whipped cream | * 150ml milk | * nutmeg | * 200g emmental cheese
What to do:
- Knead together 120g butter, flour, baking powder and cold
wateruntil you get a soft dough. Cover the Quiche pan with the
dough and press some of the dough into the corners.
Perforate dough with a fork. Put the pan in a cool place
(for at least one hour). (photo #1) - Meanwhile, cut the onion. Melt the rest of the butter and
add bacon to roast gently (approx. 3 min).
Take out the bacon and add the onions to the dripping until
their translucent. Mix bacon and onions in a bowl, spike
with pepper. - Whisk eggs, whipped cream and milk. Spike with pepper, salt
and nutmeg.Cover the dough with half of the cheese (photo
#2), than add bacon and onions (photo #3) before adding an
other layer with the other half of the cheese (photo #4).
When all this is done, cover the bacon-cheese-mix with the
egg-cream mixture (photo #5). - Pre-head oven (180°C) and bake the quiche for about 40-45
mins, until it gets golden (photo #6).
with chives.
This meal is, thanks to cream, cheese and bacon, a perfect meal for autumn and winter. And when you live in a single household (like me), you can eat from the meal for two or three days. For the next time I'll try some other quiche recipes, e.g. using leek.
Happy Baking!





Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen