The night, whole europe watched the same show.

Hello my dears,

it's been a while. The last few days I just wasn't in the mood to post. But I'm back now, to tell you that I had a great night, yesterday. I watched the Eurovision Song Contest with a friend. We made Pizza by ourselves which was really yummy.

I'm watching the ESC every year and this year was a special one because germany was the host. Even though I knew we wouldn't win again, the 10th place was a good one. My friend and I crossed fingers for our favourites. Mine were Ireland, Sweden, Iceland and France. Unfortunately none of them won, but at least Ireland got the 8th place - the two hyperactive boys!

This years winner was Azerbaijan with their song "Running Scared". It is not a bad song, but I was surprised that they won.

Did some of you watch the ESC as well? And who was your favourite?! You can find the results here.

If you couldn't watch the show, you can watch it here. enjoy!!!

6 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I've heard about this. Here in America we don't get any European television shows...which is too bad.

The home-made pizza sounds yummy. :)

Natalie hat gesagt…

I've heard of this event, but I honestly have no clue how it works... haha. It sounds like a blast though! :D

Romantic Heroine hat gesagt…

@ kim: it is. It is such a great event, which is worth to be chared with the whole world.

@ natalie: yeah it is a huge event. Whole europe (43 countries) vote for their favourite(s). But only 25 countries attend the final. The "Big Five" (Germany, France, UK, Spain and Italy) are already in the final.

Each country gives points from 1 to 12, so everyone wants to get the 12, and this year Azerbaijan is the lucky winner :)

Róisín hat gesagt…

I watched it too - Germany did a great job as hosts! But as an Irish person I have to say I wasn't too fond of our entry, not my cup of tea but at least we did ok. My favourite was actually Italy - and they came second so yippee! Isn't the Eurovision great. Nearly everyone I know always says they're not going to watch it but they always do in the end. Anyway, welcome back to blogland my friend!

Eskimo hat gesagt…

Our self-made pizza was the best of the evening^^. Of course, I enjoyed the song contest, but we have to repeat our cooking evening!

Maddie hat gesagt…

I watched it for the first time this year and enjoyed it!