2013 reading challenge: december.

 Reading of the Month:
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" 
by Suzanne Collins

 “The idea of being strong for someone else having never entered their heads, I find myself in the position of having to console them. Since I'm the person going in to be slaughtered, this is somewhat annoying.”

"The second book in the ground-breaking HUNGER GAMES trilogy. After winning the brutal Hunger Games, Katniss and Peeta return to their district, hoping for a peaceful future. But their victory has caused rebellion to break out ... and the Capitol has decided that someone must pay. As Katniss and Peeta are forced to visit the districts on the Capitol's Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. Unless they can convince the world that they are still lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying. Then comes the cruelest twist."


It is already the last month of the year, only one more book left until it's time to say "Hello 2014". The past two months, I read the first two books of "The Lord of the Rings" and actually, I wanted to read book three in december. But I do not. It took me quite a while and a lot of concentration to finish book one and two. And because december is always a crazy month, with many meetings, catching ups and christmas shopping, I decided to read another book instead, taking a small break from Frodo and his adventures.

I recently watched "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" and once again, I am hooked up by it's story. I read book one sometime in 2011 but never started the other two. This I'll change now. 

“Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor.” 



 Happy Reading!


 _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
 The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.

Keine Kommentare: