Reading of the month:
"The Yard" by Alex Grecian
(The Murder Squad #1)
"1889, London. Jack the Ripper's reign of terror is finally over. But a new one is just beginning...
Victorian London is a cesspool of crime, and Scotland Yard has only 12 detectives - known as “The Murder Squad” - to investigate thousands of murders every month. Created after the Metropolitan Police’s spectacular failure to capture Jack the Ripper, The Murder Squad suffers rampant public contempt. They have failed their citizens. But no one can anticipate the brutal murder of one of their own... one of the 12....
When Walter Day, the squad’s newest hire, is assigned the case of the murdered detective, he finds a strange ally in the Yard’s first forensic pathologist, Dr. Bernard Kingsley. Together they track the killer, who clearly is not finished with The Murder Squad.... but why?"
When I bought this book, I was actually looking for a different one. But the cover and the text on its back seemed far too interessting to leave it in the bookstore. And since I am a lover of Sherlock Holmes and victorian like stories, I am sure, I will like this book very much. It is the first of (so far) three books. Let'ssee how much I will like this one and maybe, I'll buy the others too.
Happy Reading!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.

