I love watercolour paintings! I admire artists like Oana Befort or Geninne. Such beautiful and dreamy art they create. It looks easy and simple. I wished, I could be as talented as they are... immediately and without much practice. But: Without practice you can't improve your skills. And to be honest, to practice and to try our new things is fun. I bought many watercolours which waited to get used one day, for a very long time.
This weekend, it was time to use them for the very first time, and I was a bit scared to start, as I usually am, when it comes to get started. Selfdoubt and the wish to be perfect,sneek into my mind and thoughts like "I'm not good enough, I just should give up!" grow like weeds. But I dared to use them. I have nothing to lose. Maybe, I should have started with something easier, but I wanted to colour these sketches for a very long time. Here you see the results:
The first one I called "Poppy Love" and I made the original sketch in October 2013.
The other one I called simply "The Hare":
I am not quite sure, if I like the outcome of these two. My inner critic and perfectionist doesn't like it all. Only the patels of the poppy and the colour of the hare and the background are okay. This is something I still have to learn, to accept my own creations and to stop comparing my work with others.
I will keep practicing, for I really love the intense and bright colours of watercolours!









1 Kommentar:
beautiful!
Kommentar veröffentlichen