Reading of the month:
"The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien
"Smaug certainly
looked fast asleep, when Bilbo peeped once more from the entrance. He
was just about to step out on to the floor when he caught a sudden thin
ray of red from under the drooping lid of Smaug's left eye. He was only
pretending to be asleep! He was watching the tunnel entrance..."
"Whisked away from his
comfortable, unambitious life in his hobbit-hole in Bag End by Gandalf
the wizard and a company of dwarves, Bilbo Baggins finds himself caught
up in a plot to raid the treasure hoard of Smaug the Magnificent, a
large and very dangerous dragon"
Well, finally, I started reading "The Hobbit". It will be the beginning of my reading adventure through middle earth; is it the story which leads us to the Lord of the Rings trilogy! I have to admit, I saw the movie first and like we all know, the movie is parted into three. So I will know the end before all movies are played in the cinemas. But that's what books made for, and they are always better than movies, though I am a bit afraid of knowing the end; do I suspect, that some of the main characters might not survive. How much I hate it so "see" characters die. But I'll see...
Happy Reading!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.
Every month, I share with you one book, I am currently reading. Follow me on my literary journey through the year and discover new books.
The covers always show the edition I own. Start your own reading challenge, either for yourself or join the goodreads reading challenge.

1 Kommentar:
"The Hobbit" is one of my favourite books and I think the end is not too frightening.
Well, I hope you enjoy your reading time :)
Kommentar veröffentlichen