about card making and being an aunt.

Hi sweet souls, how are you all?

Did you know that I love to make cards?!

Self made cards are something special and there are so many ways you can decorate them. So if possible, I try to make cards for friends and family myself.  The card I'd like to show you today, I made for my sister. On monday (October 21st) she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy called Fynn.  

I try to vary in style while making cards, but I love pennants and  for celebrating this event, I had to use these as an element. As base I used caramel coloured card board. For the pennats, I first counted the letters of the text I wanted write ("Hooray! It's a boy"). I did cut fourteen pennants, seven in green and seven in beige. With a Pritt Stick, I sticked them on the card board. Afterwards, I used a white pen for drawing the line for the bunting. I did cut a circle out of white paper and sticked it in the middle of the card. In this white circle I drew a little baby boy, as you can see.


Together with the card, I gave my sister two Children's books (see last picture). She wanted some in English, and so I asked my dear irish colleauge if she could buy one while she was home, during autumn holidays. She bought for me "Where's Spot?" A really lovely book, perfect for babies and toddlers. She also bought a set of four little books from the author of the "Gruffalo". It's a present from her to my sister. She's such a kind person.

I saw my little nephew today, and he-is-so-ADORABLE! And so tiny. Gosh, I think he stole my heart. He makes me realize that I am an aunt now. Wohooo, this feels great! 

Lots of love from a proud auntie ♥





sidenote: My sister and her boyfriend decided to post no picture of their child to the internet. I respect their wish and won't post any myself.

Keine Kommentare: