I discovered my love for scones during my time in Ireland. It was one of those rainy days, when my au pair friends and I spent a lovely afternoon baking scones, following an irish recipe.
I saved a copy of the recipe and since then I baked the scones serveral times. Usually the tradtional way with raisins or without but a while ago, I thought about a change of the recipe. Instead of raisins, I used apples. And let my tell you: They are delicious! I think, I like them more then with raisins. And apple cinnamon scones are perfect for fall and winter.
Ingrediants:
- 300g flouer & 1pack baking powder (or only self-raising flouer),
plus extra for dusting - 100g butter
- 1 apple
- 50g sugar
- 100ml milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
Method:
1. Heat oven to 220°C
2. Cut apple in small pieces
3. Mix flouer, baking powder, butter, milk and eggs
4. Add cinnamon and apple, mix again
5. Cover a surface with some flouer and roll the dough about 1,5cm to 2cm
6. Cut out the scones with a glass and lay it on a baking tin,
which is covered with baking paper.
7. Bake scones for 15 to 20 mins, until they are golden.
Enjoy the scones while they are warm. I swear, it's like heaven!
Happy Baking!


Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen