an unexpected journey {part one}




"I find myself at the extremity of a long beach. 
How gladly does the spirit leap forth, and suddenly enlarge its sense of being to the full extent of the broad, blue, sunny deep! A greeting and a homage to the Sea! I descend over its margin, and dip my hand into the wave that meets me, and bathe my brow. That far-resounding roar is the Ocean's voice of welcome.
 His salt breath brings a blessing along with it."

~Nathaniel Hawthorne, 
Foot-prints on the Sea-shore





An unexpected journey, it really was. It happened, that my parents and I had a few days off at the same time. My stepdad promised my mum to take one last short trip to the baltic sea in 2013. It was a really spontanious thing: a phone call, a question, an answer and suddenly, I found myself on the way to the baltic sea.

No need to tell you how delighted I've been about this invitation. I longed for a little get-away and I love to be at sea. It is the place, where I can relax, enjoy some nice hours at the beach and forget the stressfull life at home. And for four days, this life was far far away.


I split this post into two, because I took so many pictures, that it would go beyond the constraints of this posts. So stay tuned for the second part.

(see part two here)

Keine Kommentare: